A Yearly Update and Motherhood (and Baby) Milestones

Around this time last year, I posted on this blog that I will try to update this blog more and write more about my journey of motherhood... and behold! I wasn't able to do it.

That time, my daughter was just a little over 1 year old and I really thought that at that age, I woud be able to manage my time more as I wouldn't need to always be (literally) by her side. I think she just started walking on her own at the time of the publishing of the post and at that time, that was really a big milestone for her. Being a hands on mother and the only person who took care of her from birth (no nanny at all), I waited for a really long time for that. But now, looking back, I can say that I really have more things and experiences to go through before I can say "Finally, a time for myself!"

So, from that post on, what has happened? Well, a lot! Here are some of them:

  • She is now really good at talking and singing and dancing. And by good, I mean good for her age which is two and a half years old. She shows well coordinated movements when dancing and she can memorize some of the lyrics in a song and can carry (a little bit) of tune.
  • She is an avid fan of watching nursery rhymes on youtube (still).
  • She has developed a fashion sense and prefers pretty dresses over shorts and pants. I think she is becoming a really girly-girl. Though it might be too early to tell. She likes make-up, especially lipstick.
  • She has a very active imagination especially when playing with her toys.
  • She has recently graduated her diaper phase! No more diapers and more savings. :)
  • She is excited to start school. We will enroll her to nursery classes June this year. Yey! Another  major milestone.
Dresses! She always insists on wearing dresses even when we are just at home. :) 
Coloring books and flashcards to learn the alphabet and numbers. She can sing the ABC song now. :)
I didn't know her cousin did this to her until I saw the pics. From then on, she prefers to stay and play with her cousins instead of playing with me. All because of the make-up! LOL :D

As for me, nothing much. I actually stopped for a bit there to think about my milestones but I think nothing major has happened really.
  • I think I am becoming a better Nanay and wife though that can be a subject for debate. My partner and daughter are the only people who can prove or disprove that really. 
  • I think I have become a better cook (again, subject for debate). 
  • I have developed serious interest in baking and cooking.
  • I lost some weight though I cannot say how much. I am dieting now btw.

Selfies, twofies and family pictures! :) 
That's pretty much all that's happened in a year. Wow! I cannot believe it has been a year. Again, I am hoping I would be able to maintain and maybe publish at least once or twice a month. And this blog needs some serious upgrade, don't you think? :)

Comments

Popular Posts