The Day That Changed Eveything

November 9 2012. That is the day that everything changed for me. It was my 22nd birthday and it was the day I confirmed I was pregnant.

As much as I want to say I was very happy that I was, unfortunately, I wasn't exactly feeling that way. I was very surprised at first. But after the initial surprise, horror was the next thing that I felt. I know that it wasn't exactly something that a person would say, but I was 22, unmarried and unprepared. So if someone who is the same circumstance as me says that he won't feel horrified about being pregnant, then I tell you, she would be lying.

So after I found out, I told my boyfriend about it and he too was surprised... and then, I don't what else he felt. I just broke down and cried because I didn't know what to do. First of all, how was I going to tell my parents that I'm pregnant? I was scared of their reaction and then there was the pregnancy - what was I going to do? How are we going to survive it?

November 9, 2012 is an unforgettable day. My most memorable birthday I'd have to say.

The nine months that followed was a blur. It wasn't as smooth sailing as I'd wish but my pregnancy was really good, overal1.

Fel, my boyfriend told his parents about my pregnancy first and they were surprisingly very supportive that they even offered to pay for the hospital expenses when I gave birth and that was really a big relief. Not just relief for the financial support but for their overwhelming support and for skipping the scolding part.

As for me, I told my mother I was pregnant when I was a month away from giving birth. Hahaha... I just didn't have a choice since she's bound to find out anyways. My sister, the first person I told about my pregnancy was also pressuring me to tell my Mom because, well, she is my Mom. So after I told her and apologized, she was surprisingly supportive and she also skipped the scolding part which was a BIG relief.

So, on June 14, 2013, I gave birth to a healthy and beautiful baby girl, Jean Mavis G. Gorne. She is 18 months old now and I am very proud of her and how I handled motherhood. It was difficult but the people around me really made it much easier.

Mavi at 3 days old :)



Mavi at 5 months. She was already able to change to a crawling position on her own! :D

Those big and round eyes.. O_O

Her two lower teeth showing.. :D so cute! ;)



Now, this blog is going to be about that, my motherhood. Well, basically, it will be about anything and everything that will go through my head but since I am now a mom, it will definitely be more "mom-friendly" I guess. :D

More blog posts in the coming days. ;)

Comments

Popular Posts